Kampala University School of Nursing and Health Sciences Courses Offered
Kampala University School of Nursing and Health Sciences; Details on Kampala University School of Nursing and Health Sciences
Kampala University School of Nursing and Health Sciences is an affiliate school of Kampala University. It is a private institution, accredited by the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council (UNMC), It is located 4 Km from Kampala City Centre, off Masaka Road, Sembule junction, at Mutundwe (Kigagga zone). The school will initially start with a certificate in Nursing and Midwifery awarded by the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council, in addition to that awarded by Kampala University.
The course lasts 2 ½ years. The course aims at providing competence-based training in skills required by a modern Nurse/Midwife. The programme is open to both male (limited vacancies) and female applicants.
The Mission of Kampala School of Nursing and Health Sciences is â€œ to produce a Nurse with high degree of integrity and voluntarism who can advance in education, contribute to nursing administration, research, and improve on health services offered to the public, and can conform to international standards.
- Certificate in Nursing and Midwifery
- At least 5 passes in English, Biology, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physics or it’s equivalent at O’ level-not more than 3 years out of school
- Computer classes shall be areas of students
- Two intakes May and November
- Diploma in Nursing (Direct)
- For Direct students from A’ Level(3 years)
- Should have a principal pass in Biology
- Not more than 3 years out of school